Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Cuomo Issues Bans and Travel Advisories Ahead of Storm




Governor Andrew Cuomo today issued a Travel Advisory for all areas east of I-81 as well as a travel ban on tractor trailers on certain roads beginning March 7 at 8 a.m. due to the hazardous winter weather conditions being forecasted in many parts of the state. 

Once the advisory and ban go into effect, motorists will be urged to avoid any travel unless absolutely necessary and all tractor trailers, tandem trailers, buses, box trucks, and other high profile vehicles will be restricted from entering the following roadways:
  • New York State Thruway from Exit 36 (Syracuse) to the New York City line, including the Berkshire Spur to the Massachusetts State Line, I-95, Garden State Parkway Connector and I-287
  • I-88 from Binghamton to Albany 
  • I-81 from Pennsylvania line to the New York State Thruway 
  • Route 17 Binghamton to I-84
  • I-84 from the Connecticut State Line to the Pennsylvania State Line
  • I-684 from I-84 to I-287
The New York State Police will strictly enforce the ban, and will stop and ticket anyone who is in violation.

Click here for the full announcement. 

Source: The Office of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo

No comments: