Thursday, October 26, 2017

Madison 365: Help Us Build the Next Generation of Journalists



The following was submitted by Madison 365.

We're creating a new generation of journalists of color! Support our educational programs now at madison365.org/donate and your donation is doubled thanks to the Knight Foundation.

Here are just a few things Madison365 Academy students have said about their experiences:

"It made me feel like I see the bigger picture of journalism.You think of journalism as just news. That’s boring. But you actually start to write the stories yourself and you’re like, ‘Oh my gosh, I am learning.’”

“I’m not into politics, but getting the chance to meet with him and interview him, it actually got me into it and I got to see a whole different side and a different view. “

“This kind of program is important because kids like me don’t know anything about journalism. Without a platform like this, we wouldn’t be able to see ourselves in this kind of field. With this platform we can realize that this could be something for us in our future. We can use this as a voice for social justice.”

“You kind of get emotionally attached to your pieces once they’re published. I didn’t realize how significant that would feel.”

Help us make the most of this opportunity, and help us double down on our community!

No comments: