Friday, September 29, 2017

Focus Group Reveals Democrats ‘Have a Lot of Work to Do’ With Black Millennials


PHILADELPHIA — “Angry," "exasperated," "worried," "stressed" and "scared" were the responses from back-to-back focus groups here of a combined 20 African-American millennials, who were asked to describe how they feel about American politics.

These young voters from a key 2016 battleground state also expressed deep pessimism about the political process and their voices in it.

"I feel like I can't make the impact I want," said a 25-year-old man who recently got his college degree.

"I'm outnumbered," said a 33-year-old female payroll analyst.

"I feel like Trump is tearing everything down," added a 24-year-old woman who's a front desk supervisor.

"I don't think what I have to say really matters," said an 18-year-old community college student. "I am a minority," the woman added.

“Our votes don’t really count,” said a 24-year-old professional dancer. 

Click here for the full article. 

No comments: