Friday, September 29, 2017

Actually Gov. Cuomo, You're Not an Immigrant



By Chris Churchill

Albany, N.Y.- There's something about me you don't know. I was raised by a pack of wolves.

I've hesitated to mention this before because it isn't actually true. But it is increasingly obvious that anyone can claim to be whatever they want, as evidenced by something the governor claimed this week.

"I am an immigrant," Andrew Cuomo said on MSNBC, while discussing hurricane devastation in Puerto Rico.

The timing was odd, given that Puerto Ricans are Americans. When they move to the mainland, they are not immigrants.

But Cuomo has made this claim before.

"You want to deport immigrants?" the Democrat asked last year in a speech directed at Donald Trump.  "Start with me because I am an immigrant."

Cuomo was born in Queens. His parents were also born in New York. He is not, therefore, an immigrant.

Click here for the full article.

Source: timesunion.com (via The Empire Report)

No comments: