Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Lauren Morelle, Daughter of Assembly Majority Leader Joe Morelle, Succumbs to Cancer


Statement from Governor Andrew Cuomo

"As a father and a New Yorker, I am heartbroken to learn of the passing of Lauren Morelle, the daughter of Assembly Majority Leader Joe Morelle. Lauren bravely and openly discussed her battle with cancer, and her death is a loss for the entire New York family. As the father of three young women, I cannot imagine the pain and the anguish of such a tragedy. Joe is an exemplary public servant who rightly has always put his family first, and I am proud to call him a friend and a partner in government. On behalf of all New Yorkers, I extend my deepest condolences to him, his wife Mary Beth, and all of Lauren's siblings, loved ones and friends during this trying time."

Source: Press Office, Governor Andrew M. Cuomo

No comments: