Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Remy Ma To Start Fund For Women Who Want Kids But Can’t Afford Health Care

 

Remy Ma is advocating for women whose financial situations prevent them from conceiving children naturally. 

In January, the “All The Way Up” rapper opened up about her ectopic pregnancy, which resulted in a miscarriage. After having an emergency surgery, her doctor told her that her fallopian tubes were damaged and she wouldn’t be able to have any more children naturally.

“First I was distraught, I was embarrassed, I was ashamed, I felt less than a woman and [the doctor] assured me that was no way to feel and that for a certain amount of thousands of dollars, it can be fixed. And because I have the finances, I never even thought twice about it,” she told Essence.

Motivated by her own experience, the Bronx native thought of the many women who face a similar issue but don’t have the same wealth as she did. She told the publication that she intends on starting a fund for women who don’t have the financial means to get pregnant but long to have children.

Click here for the full article/video. 

Source: The Huffington Post 

No comments: