Friday, December 16, 2016

Governor Cuomo Calling A Special Session to Kill New York City’s Taxi Industry

 
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
By Senator Rev. Rubén Díaz
District 32 Bronx County, New York 

You should know that Governor Andrew Cuomo is planning to call us legislators back to Albany for a Special Session next week.

You should also know that in my opinion, it is ridiculous to call us to Albany at the very end of the year just to vote to remove any responsibility from Uber to get approval from local authorities, and do whatever they want. This will kill all of New York City’s livery bases, destroy our local taxi industry, and effectively cut the throats of our taxi drivers.

On the other hand, these State regulations they would like to ram through would not apply in Nassau and Suffolk Counties.

Ladies and gentlemen, you should also know that I am only one vote, and my vote may not really count because I am sure that Governor Andrew Cuomo has already made a deal with the Assembly Speaker and the Senate Leader to have enough votes for him to do whatever he wants to do.

But for right now, this Black guy from Bayamon, Puerto Rico, with the kinky hair and the broken English is not planning to go back to Albany until January 4, 2017.

So, for all of those Uber followers and supporters who want to kill New York City’s local taxi industry, I am afraid you will have to do it without my vote and in my absence.

I am not planning to go to negotiate my salary increase so that Uber and the Governor can get away with killing New York City’s taxi industry.

I am Senator Ruben Diaz and this is what you should know.

No comments: