Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Voters Wrongly Asked for ID at the Polls in Pennsylvania

 
Pennsylvania has seen widespread reports of voters wrongly being asked for identification by poll workers, according to Election Protection, a coalition of organizations monitoring voting.

Two voters told NBC News they had been asked for photo ID.

"I recently moved into my voting area, so I brought everything with me, and I figured I would hand them my voter registration card," said Nicole Sorgini, 27, of Philadelphia, who voted at the Cook Wissackon School.

"When I handed it to them they said, 'No, I need your driver's license,' and someone else in line said, 'Oh, I only have my voter ID card.'"

Poll workers then told them they require driver's licenses for new voters, Sorghini said.

"I had my driver's license so I just used that, but I told them technically under the law, you can use the voter ID card." 

Click here for summary. 

Source: NBC News

No comments: