Monday, November 5, 2012

New York DJ Aims to Help Far Rockaway Residents

"Joe B." 

"I Can't Just Sit Around When So Many From My Hometown Need Help"

On November 4, From The G-Man was contacted and asked to publish the following statement in effort to gain support for a Rockaway-targeted project. 

The correspondent has a long-standing relationship with this news and information site as a staunch supporter, and From The G-Man views him as a person of profound compassion and integrity. 


Hello.

My name is Joseph Bonilla, and I’m a professional deejay, engineer and Long Island resident. I spent the majority of my life growing up in the Far Rockaway area, and it would be an understatement to say that I am proud to be associated with Rockaway.

As a result of the devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy, Far Rockaway, as well other areas of the peninsula, has been destroyed. I am in the process of trying to put together much-needed supplies to deliver to Far Rockaway residents. Specifically, I’m seeking donations of water, food and clothing. I have a jeep, but I’m willing to rent a truck if the donations exceed all expectations.

I realize that we all have been hit hard by the effects of Sandy, including me. However, I consider myself one of the lucky ones because I haven’t been hit as hard as others. If there is anybody out there that would like to help me in my effort, please contact me at djbassking1963@yahoo.com.  

Sincerely,

“Joe B.” 

No comments: