Thursday, June 21, 2012

NYS Senate, Assembly to Vote on Teacher Evaluation Disclosure Bill


Statement from Governor Andrew Cuomo

"I applaud the Senate and Assembly for taking up the teacher evaluation disclosure bill. I believe it strikes the right balance between protecting teacher privacy and a parent's right to know. I also appreciate all those who participated in this important dialogue over the past few months. The teachers' unions made important points and the bill respects their members' legitimate right to privacy. I also appreciate the opinion of Mayor Bloomberg and I believe the final bill reflects much of his perspective. I know this was a difficult issue for the Legislature and I applaud their courage and leadership. This bill is the metaphorical cherry on the cake to the end of what I believe is one of the most successful and broad ranging legislative sessions in modern political history. From transformative economic reforms to historic social progress, this session was a magnificent accomplishment for the people of New York State."

No comments: