Thursday, January 5, 2012

Addabbo: 'I Am an Advocate for Community Input on This Project'


Senator Responds to Cuomo's Aqueduct Convention Center Proposal

Queens, NY  – New York State Senator Joseph P. Addabbo, Jr. (D-Queens) has issued a response to Governor Andrew Cuomo's State of the State speech that was delivered yesterday, specifically on Cuomo’s proposal to build the “world’s largest convention center at Aqueduct”.

Senator Addabbo stated, "I am enthusiastic about the idea of a convention center at the Aqueduct Racetrack site, but I also believe we should proceed forward in a cautious manner. I am an advocate for community input on this project and feel most people would want to see plans or drawings for the proposal. Given our current economic situation, I would certainly work toward creating the thousands of jobs and revenue to the city and state the convention center brings."

No comments: